Need a place to store all your dainty jewelry? I love this project because it's so easy to do and makes a great gift! These little lacquered boxes can be adorned with gemstones or anything you'd like. I chose a few items to use on mine. A tiny gold horse shoe (to symbolize luck), a tiny gold tree (to symbolize family) and a beautiful gold edged agate slice (to symbolize nature).
Here's What You'll Need:
- Lacquered boxes - I found mine at the Container Store for under $10 each.
- Super glue.
- Needle nose pliers.
- Gemstones or trinkets to adorn your boxes. If you like the gold edged gemstone look, check out Crystal River Gems. They have a ton of gold edged Agate slices for great prices!
- Apply super glue to the back of the gemstone (or whatever you're using to adorn your boxes).
- Use the needle nose pliers to place your gemstone in the middle of the box and press firmly to apply pressure and seal the glue.
- Give it a few minutes to dry and that's it! You've got a totally beautiful, handmade lacquered box.
These are perfect for keeping jewelry, writing utensils or any tiny knick knacks you have. If you're looking for a great DIY holiday or birthday gift idea, these are perfect and everyone will be so impressed that you made it yourself!
I love how the gold looks on these black and white boxes. There are so many different ways you can customize these to match your style and color palette.