Nothing gets us more inspired and ready to get things done then hearing from another successful woman that's on top of her game. In fact, while we're working away in our studio we almost always have a podcast on. Below are a few of our favorites that we hope you enjoy! Do you have a favorite podcast? We'd love to hear from you!
Girl Boss Radio
On each episode, Nasty Gal founder and author of #Girlboss Sophia Amoruso interviews world-class girlbosses who have made their mark in creative, cultural, and business ventures to extract solid advice from the lessons they've learned along the way.
She Did It Her Way
If you’re looking for a women’s perspective on starting or growing a company, look no further than She Did It Her Way. Every week they talk with a successful female entrepreneur who share the ups and downs of their journey to creating their own business.
No Limits with Rebecca Jarvis
Rebecca speaks with the world's most influential women about how they built their empires -- from their earliest mistakes to their riskiest decisions to the worst advice they ever received to the moments that finally changed everything.
Smart Creative Women with Monica Lee
Monica Lee interviews creative entrepreneurs and business owners in a variety of industries to help women learn, grow and get inspired.
Off the Charts with Natalie Lussier
Business strategist and digital visionary Nathalie Lussier is an award-winning entrepreneur who inspires you to re-imagine what’s possible in your business with each episode of the Off The Charts Business Podcast. Nathalie’s topics range from tech tools to grow your business and book reviews that you take action on in both your personal life and your company.
- Girl Boss Radio
Need a place to store all your dainty jewelry? I love this project because it's so easy to do and makes a great gift! These little lacquered boxes can be adorned with gemstones or anything you'd like. I chose a few items to use on mine. A tiny gold horse shoe (to symbolize luck), a tiny gold tree (to symbolize family) and a beautiful gold edged agate slice (to symbolize nature).
Here's What You'll Need:
- Lacquered boxes - I found mine at the Container Store for under $10 each.
- Super glue.
- Needle nose pliers.
- Gemstones or trinkets to adorn your boxes. If you like the gold edged gemstone look, check out Crystal River Gems. They have a ton of gold edged Agate slices for great prices!
- Apply super glue to the back of the gemstone (or whatever you're using to adorn your boxes).
- Use the needle nose pliers to place your gemstone in the middle of the box and press firmly to apply pressure and seal the glue.
- Give it a few minutes to dry and that's it! You've got a totally beautiful, handmade lacquered box.
These are perfect for keeping jewelry, writing utensils or any tiny knick knacks you have. If you're looking for a great DIY holiday or birthday gift idea, these are perfect and everyone will be so impressed that you made it yourself!
I love how the gold looks on these black and white boxes. There are so many different ways you can customize these to match your style and color palette.
This March Amanda Deer Jewelry teamed up with Fair Ivy to create a special handmade surprise for their subscribers! Together we designed a special mini 3-ring necklace and packaged it in a super-cute custom box.
Fair Ivy is a subscription service that delivers a handmade surprise each month to it's subscribers. Surprises can range from jewelry to scarfs, candels and more! Always packaged in adorable ways and handmade!
It was a thrill to team up with the Fair Ivy folks and we hope their subscribers loved their handmade surprise!
You can get your hands on this adorable 3-ring necklace here for just $32.
As a jewelry designer, I’m very sensitive as to where a necklace hits when worn. It’s a big part of the overall look of a piece and can make or break an outfit. I personally love mixing shorter, delicate necklaces with long layers. It can be tricky to know what length to order online. The diagram below and helpful tips should come in handy! (If you're wondering, the photo above shows a 15" evil eye necklace and 17" moon necklace)
Necklace Lengths Explained:
- 17 inches long is a pretty good universal length that will fit almost everyone below the collarbone.
- If you're looking for something to hang long (think the boho look for long layered pieces) then 28 - 30 inches works best.
- If you're wanting to hit right above or at the collarbone, 15 inches works great.
- If you want to layer two delicate necklaces, try either of these combos. Two inches in between each necklace allows for each necklace to hang and allots for any dangling charms.
- 15 and 17 inches
- 16 and 18 inches
Have any questions about necklace lengths? Ask away! I'm happy to answer.
XOXO - Amanda Deer
Looking to get a friend or loved one a piece of jewelry for Valentine's Day? If so, you might have questions on exactly what to get. Do they like silver or gold? Big statements or delicate pieces? Colorful gemstones or simple metals? The list can go on... Below are a few tips that will help you make a great choice and will ensure the recipient loves their gift!
Silver or Gold: It's a pretty distinct line, some people wear only silver jewelry and others only wear gold. (and even others wear both!) So, how do you know what to pick? Think about the pieces that your gift recipient already wears. Most likely, they will already have pieces you can use to identify their favorite type of metal. If you're not sure, a great choice is Rose Gold. Rose gold is a beautiful warm tone that looks great on any skin type and is super-popular right now. My Rose Gold Moon Necklace has been a HUGE hit for Valentine's so far.
Delicate or Statement: Again, think about they types of pieces the person you're shopping for already has. Do they love wearing large statement pieces that draw attention, or are they more inclined to wear a delicate piece that's a bit more understated.
Necklace Lengths: If you're buying a necklace, a consideration you'll have to think about his how long the necklace should be. The standard length that fits almost everyone is 17 inches long. But, some people like to wear their pieces higher up on their neckline and other like a longer look. This helpful chart shows necklace lengths and where they hit when worn. If you're totally lost as to what length to get, try 17 inches.
- Personalize It: A popular style of jewelry for Valentine's Day is an initial necklace. You can get items that are stamped, showcase a single letter or multiple, etc... The recipient will love the personalized nature of the gift. You can get their initial, a child's initial, or any letter that has meaning.
Hopefully these tips have helped you make a great decision If you're still looking for a great gift, checkout my line of personalized initial necklaces, these make great gifts and are all under $40.
XOXO - Amanda
- Silver or Gold: It's a pretty distinct line, some people wear only silver jewelry and others only wear gold. (and even others wear both!) So, how do you know what to pick? Think about the pieces that your gift recipient already wears. Most likely, they will already have pieces you can use to identify their favorite type of metal. If you're not sure, a great choice is Rose Gold. Rose gold is a beautiful warm tone that looks great on any skin type and is super-popular right now. My Rose Gold Moon Necklace has been a HUGE hit for Valentine's so far.